Part III: The final boundaries - Completion of the redivision
Completion of the redivision
- The EBC is now required to cause a set of the boundaries and a statement of the number of electors in each district and region to be:
- laid before each House of Parliament;
- forwarded to each member of Parliament;
- deposited in the Central Plan Office; and
- forwarded to the Victorian Electoral Commission.
- At the same time, the EBC will publicise the new boundaries, display them on the EBC website, ebc.vic.gov.au, and forward them to each registered political party.
- The final boundaries are not subject to any variation or veto by Parliament.
- The boundaries come into effect at the time of the next State election, scheduled for 29 November 2014.